A civil litigator, George Koonce handles medical malpractice, products liability, toxic torts and insurance defense cases.
As a member of the firm's Medical Malpractice Practice Group, George works with the legal team that serves as lead counsel for a major South Florida medical school in both litigation and regulatory proceedings. He has experience defending health care facilities and medical practitioners against catastrophic claims involving a variety of allegations, from personal injury and wrongful death to negligence.
George’s practice also includes the representation of manufacturers, distributors, insurers and retailers in the defense of claims that arise from exposure to hazardous materials. He has particular experience handling asbestos litigation.
After eight years practicing in these specific areas, George has gained a broad understanding of medical, science and toxicology issues. This knowledge, combined with his legal skills, enables George to efficiently resolve pending claims.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division
- Dade County Bar Association
- Wilkie D. Ferguson Jr. Bar Association
- Black Law Student Association at the University of Miami School of Law
- Host of Annual First-Year Student Mixer
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Alumni Group
- Commencement Speaker, SIA Technical School of Integrated Academics and Technologies,” June 12, 2009
- Co-Author, “Certify Witnesses as Experts?,” Daily Business Review, June 29, 2006