Juan C. Zorrilla is a shareholder in the firm's Commercial Litigation Practice Group. Juan primarily practices in the areas of complex commercial and bankruptcy litigation as well as creditors' rights.
With more than 30 years of trial and appellate experience, Juan represents clients in a broad range of disputes. His diverse litigation background includes handling Federal and State Court appeals and federal court cases involving business and real estate-related matters to litigation implicating constitutional issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Prosecuting and defending lender liability claims
- Prosecuting and defending claims for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and corporate mismanagement
- Prosecuting and defending construction defect cases
- Handling shareholder and partnership disputes
- Defending preferential and fraudulent transfer actions
- Handling a wide range of real estate disputes
- Successful prosecution of aviation accident claim against the Federal Aviation Administration
- Seeking to revoke the Chapter 11 confirmation of a public company
- Successful Chapter 11 reorganization of businesses
- Successful prosecution of a writ of habeas corpus
- Prosecuting constitutional and civil rights claims against government officials
- Compelling the empanelment of a special grand jury and seeking mandamus relief
- Appeals in the Eleventh and Sixth Circuit Courts of Appeals, the United States District Courts of New York, and in various District Courts of Appeal in Florida.
In the News
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association