Brian Elias has over twenty-five years of experience representing brokerage firms, banks, corporations and individuals. Mr. Elias’s practice is national in scope, having appeared before state and federal courts on a wide array of business litigation and arbitration matters. He is recognized as a Top Lawyer by the South Florida Legal Guide, and is noted in Best Lawyers in America and Florida Super Lawyers for the past six years. Mr. Elias also serves as a member of the City of Miami Beach Planning Board, among other civic involvement.
Brian is a commercial litigator whose practice focuses on defense against claims of fraud, negligence, and liability. Mr. Elias has also represented broker dealers in arbitrations brought by customers involving equities, fixed income, structured products, limited partnerships, options, managed accounts, margin and other financial products. He also provides representation in regulatory proceedings and internal investigations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representation in state and federal courts, as well as in arbitration, involving claims for injunctive relief and damages for violation of restrictive covenants, wrongful/constructive termination, whistleblowing, and raiding.
- Lead national attorney for a major brokerage firm defending against claims of fraudulent limited partnership sales.
- One of Lead counsel for a major clearing firm defending against claims of fraud and negligence in the performance of clearing services.
- Lead nation counsel for a corporation providing prospective employees with legal advice in connection with contractual and Trade Secret Obligations.
- Representation regarding civil theft and RICO claims against financial institutions.
- Resolution of hundreds of business disputes through negotiation and mediation, eliminating costs and risks of litigation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Trial Lawyers Section
- Dade County Bar Association
- City of Miami Beach Planning Board
- Miami Heart Institute Research Center, Miami Heartthrobs
- Miami Children’s Hospital, Hugs & Kisses Group
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation