Alyssa Razook Wan represents citizens, dual-citizens, residents and non-residents in a variety of domestic and international tax and estate planning matters, such as structuring investment in U.S. real property and structuring or restructuring estate plans through the use of trusts and business entities, often working closely with foreign co-counsel and trust companies to properly comply with the tax laws while obtaining the clients’ personal goals in a tax-favorable manner. She also represents charities in obtaining tax-exempt status and letter rulings from the Internal Revenue Service.
Before earning her Master of Laws in Taxation, Alyssa practiced commercial litigation and represented companies and individuals in a variety of business and real estate disputes. Drawing on this litigation experience, she represents clients in tax controversy and litigation matters before the Internal Revenue Service.
Alyssa obtained her Masters of Law degree in Taxation, at the University of Miami School of Law, her Juris Doctor degree, Cum Laude, from the Washington University School of Law in St. Louis and her Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial & Labor Relations from Cornell University.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Tax Law Section and Young Lawyers Division
- Dade County Bar Association
- Greater Miami Tax Institute
- Co-Author with Howard W. Gordon, "IRS to End Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program in September 2018," Fowler White Burnett Legal Alert, JDSupra, March, 2018
- Co-Arthur with Oscar Grisales-Racini, "Three Key Aspects of the New Tax Law," Fowler White Burnett Alert, JD Supra, January 2018
- Co-Author with Leticia Vega, "New Florida Law Facilitates Access to and Management of a Person's "Digital Estate" After Death," Fowler White Burnett Legal Alert, JDSupra, May 2016
- Co-Author wtih Richard Razook, "FATCA Alert," Fowler White Burnett, P.A. Legal Alert, October 17, 2014. Re-published by FATCA News, October 21, 2014.
- Speaker, “Pre-Immigration Tax Planning in the 2018 Landscape: Trends, Developments and Updates,” The Knowledge Group, February, 2018