Joseph Englander is a Shareholder in the Miami office of the firm's Intellectual Property Practice Group.
Joseph handles a broad range of intellectual property matters, including the prosecution of United States and international patents, trademarks and copyrights, the negotiation and enforcement of intellectual property transactions and licensing agreements and the representation of corporations and individuals in intellectual property disputes and related corporate matters. Joe is experienced in trials before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
Additionally, Joseph manages domain name arbitration's and performs due diligence for acquisitions of corporations and intellectual property portfolios. He prepares clients' worldwide intellectual property protection strategies and drafts and enforces client software agreements.
Joseph's intellectual property experience has allowed him to conduct intellectual property seminars and advise art fair and museum clients regarding international copyright and trademark issues. Joseph also handles related Customs, Trade Secret, FDA and Food and Beverage Law issues for his clients.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Broward County Bar Association, 2002-2016
- Chair, Intellectual Property Section, 2002-2004; 2006-2013
- International Trademark Association, 2005-Present
- Parallel Imports Committee, 2018-2019
- U.S. Legislative Committee, 2014-2015
- Anti-counterfeiting Committee, 2012-2013
- International Amicus Committee, 2010-2011
- Advisor to Dranhoff International 2 Piano Foundation, 2013-2016
- Intellectual Property Advisor to Perez Art Museum of Miami, 2016-Present
- Lecturer at the Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale, 2008-Present