As a civil litigator with a Master’s degree in Public Health, Erin Gaskin is a shareholder in the firm's Healthcare Practice Group. She has over 17 years of experience handling cases involving a wide array of professional liability matters on behalf of medical schools, medical faculty, hospitals, and healthcare delivery systems. Prior to practicing law, during her graduate studies at the University of South Florida College of Public Health, Erin worked as a health counselor/educator for various hospital systems as well as served as the managing editor of an academic peer-reviewed journal of health research co-funded by the Centers for Disease Control. During her undergraduate training at the University of Florida College of Journalism, Erin also worked as a health and science news reporter for various radio and television stations in Florida. Erin's unique professional background, education and training provides her with valuable practical experience in the healthcare and medical fields as well as familiarity with the administrative functions of the entities delivering these services.
Erin has substantial experience in handling multi-party complex litigation at every stage including mediation, arbitration and trial. She has successfully handled matters involving a diverse range of legal issues, including hospital liability, medical malpractice, legal malpractice, general liability and commercial liability arising from property, banking, trademark, construction and other contractual disputes.
Currently, Erin is among the team of attorneys at Fowler White Burnett who represent the medical and healthcare industry including a major South Florida university medical school, an internationally renowned healthcare clinic, and one of the largest private hospital holding companies in the nation. As part of this team, Erin has contributed to the successful defense of complex multi-million dollar medical malpractice claims.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar Association- Health Law and Animal Law Sections
- Dade County Bar Association
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- University of Florida Alumni Association
- City of Miami Beach- Human Rights Committee
- Speaker/Panelist, “Anatomy of a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit: Real-World Perspectives in a Medical Malpractice Litigation,” American Bar Association, March 2018
- Speaker/Lecturer, "The Physician As A Witness: The Interventional Neurologist As A Medical-Legal Expert," Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology's (SVIN) Didactic Session, November 2014