Alice Sum represents corporations and individuals in complex, commercial litigation cases before state and federal courts, and in alternate dispute resolution forums. She litigates aggressively in the best interests of her clients. With her thorough and decisive style, persuasive arguments and negotiation savvy, Alice achieves favorable legal and business outcomes.
Alice assists clients with a wide range of business disputes, including claims stemming from fraudulent practices, franchise and license agreements, corporate governance, partnership and joint venture agreements, mergers and acquisitions and breach of fiduciary duty. Alice has significant experience handling class actions, director and officer liability, errors and omissions and shareholder derivative claims. Alice also handles real estate litigation, including commercial and residential landlord/tenant disputes and foreclosures.
A portion of Alice’s practice involves the defense and prosecution of intellectual property matters. She is experienced with copyright and trademark infringement, trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition, false advertising and domain name disputes.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Wm. Reece Smith, Jr. Leadership Academy
- The Florida Bar, Annual Convention Committee, 2015 - 2017
- Dade County Bar Association
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of South Florida
- Miami-Dade Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL,) Corporate Counsel Liaison Committee
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Southeast Regional Conference
- Panelist, “Legal Symposium for Startups and Entrepreneurs,” Asian Pacific American Bar Association of South Florida presentation at The LAB Miami, June 16, 2015
- Panelist, "Social Media and Privacy: The Struggle for Balance for Clients and Lawyers," National Asian Pacific American Bar Association 2015 Southeast Regional Conference, June 12, 2015
- Panelist, "The Path to Success: A Conversation for Young Lawyers," Dade County Bar Association Bench & Bar Conference, February 20, 2015
- Panelist, "Getting and Effectively Trying the Foreclosure Case," Dade County Bar Association, September 20, 2013
In the News