Alternative Dispute Resolution
As a complement to our litigation practice, Fowler White has a team of attorneys specifically trained in the full spectrum of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods.
The practice of ADR has become increasingly more popular in recent years and is strongly utilized by clients seeking more cost-effective, less adversarial methods for resolving civil disputes. As a result of this shift away from traditional litigation, our attorneys have developed the skills and expertise needed to maximize the benefits of ADR. We provide our clients with strategic, results-oriented counsel.
Fowler White Burnett handles arbitration proceedings throughout the U.S. and in international venues under the rules of all major arbitral institutions. Our attorneys have successfully employed ADR procedures in all manner of disputes, including those related to contracts, products liability and toxic torts, employment, professional negligence, fiduciary duty, and other tort-related and commercial matters. We are adept in the use of all ADR techniques:
- Moderated settlement conferences
- High-low and other risk capping agreements
- Neutral evaluations
- Professional panel reviews and assessments
- Summary jury trials
We guide clients from the early stages of case assessment though the ADR process. Our services include:
- Evaluation of matters for ADR suitability under statute, court rule, industry practice and applicable contracts
- Selection of an appropriate ADR process and forum
- Enforcement or seek to vacate arbitral awards
- Evaluation of enforceability of existing or proposed ADR clauses, including efforts to add ADR clauses retroactively to existing contracts
Fowler White’s ADR Group consists of attorneys from other practice groups within the firm and includes a certified court mediator who brings valuable insight to the representation of clients in ADR proceedings.