We help clients navigate the multitude of both state and federal laws regulating the health care industry. Our attorneys work with clients to help them implement and maintain compliance programs associated with security, privacy and other regulations set forth under statutes or by regulatory agencies, including:
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability Act)
- EMTALA (Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act)
- State and Federal “fraud and abuse” statutes
- False Claims Act
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- JCAHO (Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Health Care Organizations)
- UNOS (United Network Organ for Sharing).
- NICA (Neurological Injury Compensation Association)
Fowler White’s Health Care Group has in-depth expertise handling matters relating to UNOS. Recently, our lawyers successfully represented a UNOS member before an administrative hearing regarding allegations of failure to comply with UNOS regulations and policy.
In addition, our attorneys also assist clients with state licensure, accreditation and certificate of need requirements.
Back to Health Care