Mason T. Nettleton is a shareholder managing the firm's Family Law practice group in the Fort Lauderdale office. Mason also serves clients in the firm's Commercial Litigation and Insurance Practice Groups.
During his time managing Fowler White Burnett's Family Law group, Mason has successfully tried dozens of cases through final judgment on his own representing clients across Florida in complex dissolution and paternity litigation. Mason also handles trials on injunctions involving allegations of stalking, cyberstalking, domestic and repeat violence. Mason is experienced at negotiating and litigating financial support issues, whether arising under pre and postnuptial agreements, equitable distribution, alimony, or partnership agreements. Mason has represented an array of clients from all professional backgrounds including artists, attorneys, accountants, small business owners and athletes.
Mason also serves clients in Fowler White Burnett's Commercial Litigation Practice Group and Insurance Defense Practice Group representing corporations and insureds investigate and defend allegations of negligence, product liability, and wrongful death in state and federal court throughout Florida. Mason primarily handles cases before the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, as well as Broward, Palm Beach and Miami-Dade County Circuit Court for the State of Florida.
Mason graduated with Honors from the University of Miami School of Law in 2012 while serving as the research and writing editor for the International and Comparative Law Review. Mason previously worked with the Connecticut State’s Attorney felony-A division while in law school, as well as the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Early Case Assessment Bureau during his undergraduate studies at St. John's University in New York City.
- More than 20 non-jury trials successfully representing clients across Broward, Palm Beach and Miami-Dade County, including dissolution, paternity, post-judgment and domestic violence actions.
- Defended a nationwide commercial roofing company and successfully obtained a full voluntary dismissal of action prior to summary judgment in Miami-Dade Circuit Court in which the plaintiff initially demanded nearly a half-million dollars alleging premises liability.
- Successfully defended one of the largest industrial equipment distributors in North America in a wrongful death and negligence claim in which the plaintiff initially sought more than $4 million.
- Handled internal investigation and reporting on behalf of a major cruise line following COVID-19 outbreak.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Broward County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Trial Lawyers Section
- Family Law Section
- Author, "Defending False Allegations in Temporary Injunctions Under Florida Law," Daily Business Review, August 8, 2022
- Author, "Zooming Through Remote Depositions Before and After COVID-19," Daily Business Review, May 7, 2020
- Co-Author, "Family Law Client Alert: COVID-19, Co-Parenting, and Your Florida Family Court Case," Fowler White Burnett Client Alert, April 2020
- Author, "Cyber Stalking: What You Need to Know Before Hitting Send," Daily Business Review Practice Focus/Cybersecurity, September 19, 2019.