With over 35 years of experience and being AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell for over 20 years, Christopher Knight handles a broad range of civil litigation matters and leads a large team comprised of senior and junior partners, as well as associates.
Chris represents Fortune 500 companies, major insurance carriers, several airlines and manufacturers in state and federal courts. He has served as lead counsel in the defense of multi-district and class action litigation involving product liability, insurance and attorney general investigations.
A skilled trial attorney, with the understanding of scientific and technical issues necessary to his practice, Chris has tried numerous cases to verdict. His strategic approach to litigation involves the analysis of the benefits and risks associated with trial and settlement tactics, as well as the business impact and public relations concerns associated with high-profile, high-stakes litigation.
Chris devotes a significant portion of his practice to the defense of cruise lines, medical malpractice and health care-related claims. He has had tremendous success defending health care systems, institutions and practitioners in complex, multi-million dollar lawsuits. He also has experience successfully trying wrongful termination and whistleblower cases. Chris continues to serve as lead counsel for a major South Florida medical school in litigation and regulatory proceedings.
As the leader of the Firm's Corporate & Special Investigations Practice Group, Chris guides and defends major corporations through their most sensitive and urgent issues by ensuring that their internal investigations limit exposure and identify future problematic issues.
He also represents domestic and international airline carriers, aircraft and engine manufacturers and maintenance providers in litigation arising from mass disasters and aircraft accidents. Chris recently defended an airline against allegations of negligence and product defect resulting from a catastrophic accident that killed nearly 200 people in Brazil.
In the products arena, Chris handles products liability and related litigation for notable manufacturers, distributors and retailers. He is experienced with the defense of products from various industries, such as agriculture, construction, medical and sports and recreation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- President of Miami Dade County Chapter, 2022
- President-Elect of Miami Dade County Chapter, 2020-2021
- The Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers Section Executive Council
- The Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers Section Teachers Law School Committee
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Defense Research Institute
- Litigation Counsel of America
In the News
- Panelist, "Receiving, Managing and Settling Pre-Litigation and Litigation Aerospace Insurance Claims: Trends for the Future, Learning from the Past," 12th Annual McGill University Conference on International Aviation Liability, Insurance, & Finance, October 18, 2019
- Panelist, "Powerhouse Cross-Examination Tools," Daily Business Review A View from the Bench: Legends of the Courtroom, June 12, 2015
- Panelist, "Jurisdiction And Forum Non Conveniens," McGill University Institute of Air and Space Law 8th Annual Conference, April 17, 2015
- Panelist, "Strategies for Avoiding Qui Tam Relator (Whistleblower) Controversies and Action," ALFA International's 2015 International Client Seminar, March 6, 2015
- Panelist, "Medical Malpractice with the Legends," Dade County Bar Association Bench & Bar Conference, February 20, 2015
- Panelist, "Daubert, Damages, And Divining Class Certification Post Walmart And Comcast: A New Era Or Business As Usual?," ALFA International's 2014 Product Liability & Complex Torts Practice Group Seminar, July 17, 2014
- Panelist, "Recent Trends In Medical Malpractice And Health Care Actions", Dade County Bar Association Bench and Bar Conference, February 28, 2014