Brian Elias' practice encompasses a wide range of civil litigation matters with particular emphasis on business disputes and employment matters. Mr. Elias’s practice is national in scope, having appeared before state and federal courts on a wide array of business litigation and arbitration matters. He is recognized as a Top Lawyer by the South Florida Legal Guide, and is noted in The Best Lawyers in America® and Florida Super Lawyers. Mr. Elias also serves as a member of the City of Miami Beach Planning Board, among other civic involvement.
Brian is a commercial litigator whose practice focuses on defense against claims of fraud, breach of contract, negligence, and liability. Mr. Elias also oversees and is responsible for a significant amount of condominium litigation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representation in state and federal courts, as well as in arbitration, involving claims for injunctive relief and damages for violation of restrictive covenants, wrongful/constructive termination, whistleblowing, and raiding.
- Lead national attorney defending against claims of fraudulent limited partnership sales.
- One of Lead counsel defending against claims of fraud and negligence in the performance of clearing services.
- Lead nation counsel for a corporation providing prospective employees with legal advice in connection with contractual and Trade Secret Obligations.
- Resolution of hundreds of business disputes through negotiation and mediation, eliminating costs and risks of litigation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Trial Lawyers Section
- Dade County Bar Association
- City of Miami Beach Planning Board
- Miami Heart Institute Research Center, Miami Heartthrobs
- Miami Children’s Hospital, Hugs & Kisses Group
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation