Richard Wood has more than thirty-five years of experience handling a broad range of transactions for all property types including, but not limited to: shopping centers, office buildings, mixed-use projects, multi-family housing and condominiums. Richard is a Managing Shareholder located in the firm’s Miami office.
A significant portion of Richard's practice focuses on the representation of residential and commercial developers, as well as the representation of institutional lenders. Richard has extensive experience with the acquisition, development and financing of commercial and residential properties for Fortune 500 companies. Active in all aspects of institutional lending, Richard has significant experience in the structuring of complex construction lending arrangements. Richard guides financial institutions in performing due diligence, negotiating terms and executing loans to both residential and commercial developers. Additionally, Richard oversees the leasing of office, retail and industrial properties, representing both landlords and tenants in lease negotiations. Richard also has extensive experience in title examination and serves as a title agent for Attorneys' Title Insurance Fund, Inc. (widely known as the title experts in Florida), Chicago Title Insurance Company (leading experts in title examining and title insurance policies) and First American Title Insurance.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- University of Miami Citizens Board
- Attorneys' Title Insurance Fund,1987- Present
- Attorneys' Title Insurance Fund for Miami-Dade County Advisory Board, 1993- Present
- Appointment by United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, as Commissioner for East Everglades Acquisition Project, 2001- Present