Laura Ross is an Associate in the firm's Corporate Group. Her practice is focused in the areas of international law, corporate transactions and corporate law. She represents foreign investors establishing companies in the United States, and assists foreign individuals and businesses with all aspects of setting up their U.S. operations.
Laura works with multinational corporations, foreign clients and entrepreneurs relocating, investing, and conducting business operations in the United States across a diverse array of industries, including the retail, manufacturing, distribution, construction, financial, and technological industries.
Laura serves as a trusted advisor to boards of directors and senior executives on corporate governance issues and has represented several companies with respect to their corporate transactions, effectively serving as their outside general counsel. Her experience includes drafting a wide range of agreements, such as shareholder, management, marketing, licensing, personal service, distribution, dealership, joint venture as well as purchase and sale agreements.
Laura manages the specialized needs of high net worth foreign national entrepreneurs and investors, which includes establishing offshore bank accounts and trusts, pre-immigration tax and estate planning, estate and wealth transfer planning, physical presence and closer connection analysis. She has advised foreign clients regarding the corporate structure for acquiring U.S. real property, investments, and yachts.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Brazil's largest fraud protection company in the establishment of its U.S. operation, including drafting the company's terms and conditions for services, warranties and trademark registrations.
- Represented a multinational company in its corporate reorganization.
- Represented a renowned Latin American artist and performer in multiple yacht transactions.
- Represented a major Brazilian hydraulic piping manufacturer in the acquisition of a U.S.-based competitor.
- Represented Brazil's largest broker-dealer in various corporate transactions, tax planning, and business immigration matters in the United States.
- Represented multiple FIFA world cup athletes in setting up royalty payment structures whereby image rights were licensed for use in the U.S.
- Represented an Italian yacht manufacturer setting up a fractional ownership and yacht management program in the U.S.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar- Florida International Law Section
- Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce of Florida
- Chair, Young Professionals Committee
June 18, 2018, APEX Brasil Missão de Internacionalização de Empresas Para Estados Unidos, presented 2 programs in Portuguese: "Tipos Societários para formação de empresas nos EUA," and "Relações trabalhistas e obtenção de visto para os EUA"
- 2018 Presentation for 'XP Summit 2018' entitled "Expandindo sua operação para os Estados Unidos."
- 2017 Presentation for APEX Brasil entitled: "O Processo do Visto: Um guia para os diversos tipos de visto, baseados em empregos específicos para empresas Brasileiras e investidores nos Estados Unidos."
- 2016 Presentation at the Leandro Stormer Trading School entitled: “Como investir nos Estados Unidos e imigrar legalmente.”
- 2014 Annual Florida Yacht Brokers Association Yacht Sales and the Law Conference, “Crew Visas: Consular Rules and Regulations.”