Daniel Milian is a Shareholder in the Commercial Litigation Practice Group. He practices commercial civil litigation, with a particular focus on general commercial litigation, real estate litigation, and condominium and homeowners association law (COA/HOA). Daniel has extensive experience in a broad spectrum of issues such as partnership disputes, breach of contract, landlord/tenant disputes, foreclosures (Plaintiff and Defendant), quiet title actions, and injunctions. This is supported by his background in preparing corporate documents, including: operating agreements, corporate filings, and the sales of businesses. In addition, Daniel has also prepared corporate documents including operating agreements, corporate filings, and assisted in the sale of businesses.
Daniel’s approach to litigation focuses on developing a comprehensive understanding of the client’s business and interests. He applies that understanding through all stages of representation, including pre-litigation counseling and negotiations, developing case strategy, and determining the best strategy to resolve disputes. Daniel has been involved in cases protecting intellectual property in order to maximize clients’ revenue and business objectives. He has supported his tech industry clients by developing agreements for confidentiality, regulatory compliance, and common law privacy obligations for consumer, employee and customer information collected and stored.
Active in his community and bettering the city of Miami, Daniel sat as the Vice-Chair of the Planning, Zoning & Appeals Board for the City of Miami, is a former board member for Citizens for a Better South Florida, and is a member of the Loyola Law Alumni Association and Belen Alumni Association, Lawyers' Section.
Daniel received his Juris Doctor from Loyola College of Law where he served as Vice President of the Student Bar Association, President of the Hispanic Law Students Association, and as an ABA Representative for the Student Bar Association. He obtained his International Master degree in Business Administration from Florida International University and his Bachelor of Science from the University of Miami.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Cuban American Bar Association
- City of Miami Planning, Zoning & Appeals Board
- Vice-chair, 2017 - 2019
- Member, 2011 - 2019
- Citizens for a Better South Florida, Former Board Member
- Chairman of Accountable Miami PC, 2018
- Loyola Law Alumni Association
- Belen Alumni Association, Lawyers’ Section
- Lawsuits regarding factoring services for cellular phone infrastructure around the country.
- International arbitration representing a major distributor of electronics in South America and the United States for major electronics companies regarding direct distribution agreements.
- Representation of a major US manufacturer of electronic components with multiple factories around the world including Mexico, India, and China.
- Arbitration in Maritime Boating dispute.
- Litigation regarding contract dispute with yacht dealers.
- Representation of a major construction company with regards to infrastructure contracts with municipalities.
- Representation of a major construction company in all legal matters including their employment, contracts, etc.
- Representation of a company building and providing low income housing throughout South Florida.
- Representation of developers in PPP agreements with municipalities.
- Representation of a large international distributor of food and produce.
- Representation of multiple medical clinics with regards to misappropriation of trade secrets and proprietary information, non-compete/non-solicitation agreements, and contract disputes.
- Litigation involving business interruption, injunctions, and malicious prosecution.