Browse Attorneys by Alphabet
Browse Attorneys by Filters
No Attorney Matches Your Search Parameter
Alonso E. Sanchez is a Shareholder in the Miami office's Tax and Corporate Practice Groups.
Alonso focuses his practice on domestic and international taxation, and corporate transactions. He represents private companies and equity groups in structuring their inbound and outbound operations, and handles domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, taxable and non-taxable corporate and partnership transactions, joint ventures, and other business reorganizations.
In addition, Alonso advises multinational high-net-worth families on transactional, tax planning and cross-border matters, and he is a resource on a variety of other tax issues relating to controlled foreign corporations, passive foreign investment companies, foreign investment, and FIRPTA transactions.
Alonso earned his J.D. from American University Washington College of Law and his B.S. in Finance from the University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management.
- Speaker, "Doing Business in Latin America – Inbound Investments and Profit Repatriation", Baker Tilly's Doing Business Series, Minneapolis, Minnesota, October 2015
- Speaker, "FACTA Withholding Regime", Instituto Colombiano de Derecho Tributario (Colombian Institute of Tax Law), Bogota, Colombia, October 2012
- Speaker, "FACTA Withholding Regime", Los Andes University Graduate Tax Program, Bogota, Colombia, November 2012
- Speaker, "Navigating the FACTA Maze- Trustee Companies", FACTA Consultants, Miami, Florida, March 2013
- Co-Author, "Why Has My Bank Account Been Frozen? The IEEPA and Its Historical Underpinnings," Daily Business Review, October 29, 2019
- Co-Author, "Wait a Minute! The IRS is Taxing Foreign E&P Earned before 2018?", Tax Section Bulletin, Volume 35, No. 1, Spring 2018, Florida Bar
- Co-Author, "New Legislation Modifies U.S. Withholding Regime", India Law News, Volume 1, Issue 4, Summer 2010, ABA Section of International Law
- Co-Author, "New Treaties Between India and Colombia", International Legal Developments Year In Review 2011, The International Lawyer, Volume 46, Number, Spring 2012