Adam Cooke is a Shareholder in the firm’s Aviation, Insurance, and Maritime practice groups. He has a background in different areas of Maritime & Admiralty including: maritime lien claims, commercial yacht disputes, ship mortgage foreclosure, cargo claims, collision claims, salvage claims, limitation of liability claims, and Jones Act personal injury actions. He also has experience in insurance defense work, construction litigation, complex commercial litigation and has represented various lenders in litigation and collection matters.
Additionally, Adam's practice includes representation of domestic and international airlines related to claims and litigation for property damage, personal injury, and cargo claims.
Adam is Florida Bar Certified in Admiralty and Maritime Law.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Manatee County Bar Association, Member, 2009 – Present
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute, Member, 2006 – Present
- Federal Bar Association, Member of Admiralty Law Committee and Editor of Admiralitas
- Maritime Law Association of the United States, Member
- Tampa Bay Mariners Club, Member
- Editor, Admiralitas, Federal Bar Association Admiralty Law Section, Winter 2022
- Co-Author with Christine M. Walker, "How Genuinely Salty is Salty Enough?" Maritime Law Association of the United States Bitter End Bulletin, Committee on Marine Torts and Casualties, November 1, 2021
- Author, Travelers v. Ocean Reef Charters - The Eleventh Circuit's Plea for the Supreme Court to Revisit Wilburn Boat, Federal Bar Association Admiralty Law Section, Summer, 2021
- Editor, Admiralitas, Federal Bar Association Admiralty Law Section, Summer 2021
- Editor, Admiralitas, Federal Bar Association Admiralty Law Section, Winter 2021
- LeRoux v. M/Y Monte Cassino, 2019 WL 2253396 (S.D. Fla. 2019)
- Branch Banking & Tr. Co. of Virginia v. M/Y Beowulf, 883 F. Supp. 2d 1199 (S.D. Fla. 2012)
- Provident Bank Ltd. v. Taylor Creek Enterprises, LLC, 2010 WL298300 (N.D. Florida 2010)
- French Cuff, Ltd. v. Markel American Ins. Co., 322 Fed.Appx.669, 2009 WL 886478, 2009 A.M.C. 1206 (11th Cir. 2009)
- Sykes v. M/V Osprey, 2009 WL 959877 (S.D. Fla. 2009).
- Standard Federal Bank, N.A. v. M/Y Pleasures, 2003 A.M.C. 2349, 2003 WL 22722077 (S.D. Florida 2003)